Savoy Swing Club is governed by a board of directors. The SSC board meets monthly. If you would like to attend a meeting or if you have questions about the board’s activities, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Current board members
- Daniel Newsome is the acting SSC President. He has done this position off and on for 5 out of the last 8 years. He’s run and taught classes for almost two decades, held historical panels, run events, managed advertising programs, and helped Savoy to fulfill it’s mission statement for many years. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vice President
- Logan Chinn has been enjoying the Seattle swing scene since 2010, after moving from Long Beach, California. He is originally from the Central Coast of California, where he learned his first triple-steps back in 2002. Logan is a graduate student and teaching assistant at the University of Washington Earth & Space Sciences department, where he studies structural geology. You can typically find him social dancing at Savoy Mondays and the Century Ballroom, or taking one of Seattle’s many Lindy workshops.
- Jonathan H. Keith
- is an elections administrator, writer, game designer, freelance world-builder and general jack of all trades. He’s been swing dancing for something like 17 years, 12 of those in Seattle. He’s in a barbershop quartet that’s pretty good for what it is.
- Andrew Rodgers
- is a software engineer and was born and bred in Washington state, with a few excepted years spent in other places. He was an officer in the UW’s Swing Kids club while he was a student there and has been dancing for just over five years.
- Shadi Nunes- Ali (Shadi Paulo)
- Shadi has been a part of Seattle’s Blues Scene for 7 years, taking little bits of time here and there to enjoy other styles such as Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, and Zouk. He began as the director of Blues Underground, growing the twice a month event to a weekly dance with a full fledged education program and child initiatives such as MashUp and Emeralds and Roses. He now is on SSC’s board as Secretary and Chairperson of Blues Underground and MashUp, and also manages strategic partnerships with neighboring events and communities.